Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hopscotch

"You are past-orientated."
That's how a personality test once described me. And it hit the nail right on the head. I am indeed someone who looks back on the past a lot. Not in regret, but in deep gratitude and joy.
I'm a walking paradox I think. I want to move forward so badly because I have all these hopes and dreams that I'm aiming for yet at the same time, I want to be a little girl again, hopping about frivolously without a care in the world. I love every memory I had as a child growing up. Some are especially distinct, some not so much. I wish I could be Peter Pan sometimes. But then again, where's the fun in never growing up? See, I am a paradox.
University life (student life, technically!) is about to end for me in a mere 9 weeks, give or take. And then what? Every 'next step' prior to this has always been so certain, so straight-forward. Kindergarten, primary school, secondary school, college and then uni. Voila. Not much thought necessary. I already have my goals engraved deeply into my mind. The pathway to those goals however, I'm not so sure. I guess it's just something I'll work out along the way. It's always comforting to know that He is there though. In every decision, in every circumstance, there is no need for fear. (just ample trust!)
I'm excited for what's ahead. I really am. Somewhere deep down, I know I have all the makings of a successful woman. Charisma, wisdom, independence. All just waiting to be honed to their full potential.
So let's see where my parodoxical feet take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment