Thursday, October 28, 2010

Before My Time Ends

The title isn't meant to be morbid. On the contrary, it's meant to stir on some uplifting, soul-searching thoughts. I'm currently halfway through my book, 'Eat, Pray, Love' by Elizabeth Gilbert and it's about a woman (the author herself) on a journey of self-discovery as she travels across three very culturally different countries. As the title of the book aptly suggests, she eats her fill (and more) in Italy, devotes herself to prayer in India, and I haven't reached this last section of the book yet, but I'm assuming she does a whole lot of lovin' in Indonesia. [I don't know how this ended up being a book review!]
So anyway, she does all these things that I'd never be able to imagine myself doing and it got me thinking, what would I want to do before my time here on earth is over? And so I made a list, as you do in such situations :)
In no particular order, I would like to:
1. Travel to a sickly romantic place like Paris, or Venice, or Rome (are only Europeans romantic?) and kiss like a teenager with my lover. Kiss as if no one is watching. (and no one probably is because they too are too busy sucking on their lovers' faces)
2. See at least one of my garment designs come to life- from my sketchbook to my wardrobe (or maybe even other people's wardrobes!)
3. Ride a hot air balloon :)
4. Cook a full three course meal from scratch. Dessert included!
5. Ride a tandem bike with my lover (preferably same said lover from #1) around a beautiful city (preferably also in the same sickly romantic places as in #1)
6. Witness the magical sight of turtles coming up to shore to lay their eggs. Also wouldn't mind witnessing little baby turtles as they struggle (oh so adorably) their way from shore to sea.
7. Catch Lifehouse live. This seems so petty, but I previously made a list of the bands/singers I had to watch live in my lifetime and I've managed to cross off most. Lifehouse is currently top of the uncrossed list.
Okay, I can't think of anything else for now. I'm sure more will come. I'm also sure that some will also seem less important ten years from now (like, maybe #7...maybe)
See, told you it was an uplifting post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment