Wednesday, May 20, 2009

2012?


Sometimes, when life seems all too routine, I wish that I could just take a quick glimpse of my future. Just one swift tour, if I may. What would I be doing? Am I happy? When I look at the future me, do i detect worry lines on my forehead or do I exude a glow that is unmistakably the workings of joy? I hope it is the latter.


And sometimes, when I'm feeling greedy, I wish that I could just push the fast forward button on life and actually BE in the future. There's so many things that I want to do and I don't want to wait. I want to do them now! I'm not asking for much, just a 3 year leap (actually, I think that's the max I'll go. I don't want to fast forward my youth away) What kind of person would I be at the age of 24? Where do all the aspirations that I have right now eventually lead me? 3 years from today, would my dreams still be the tiny bud from when they first began or would they have blossomed and bloomed into a beautiful reality? I hope it is the latter.


Other times still, when I'm being rational, I just tell myself to wait patiently. I'm at a good place in life right now. Everyone tells you that uni life will be the best time of your life so you better darn well appreciate it 'cos soon you'll be working 9-5 and sleeping in would be a scarce luxury. I believe them, I do. Perhaps my excitement for the future is overstated because in my mind, everything is exactly how I'd want it to be. But I guess at the end of the day, I know that my future lies in the palm of His hands and although it may not turn out to be the equivalent of my definition of perfection, perfection it will surely still be.


Today though, I am feeling irrationally greedy.


No comments:

Post a Comment