Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Of T-Shirts and Creation

========== It's all so distant, but I love the sound of 'we' ===========


So anyway, I couldn't seem to fall asleep last night so my mind drifted and drifted to all sorts of things. My mind already does that during the day when I have other things I'm meant to do, so you can imagine how much further it drifts away when I have nothing to stop me and bring me back me back to reality.

What did I think about yesterday? I thought about T-shirts. I know, who thinks about T-shirts at 1 am right? Well. I do. I thought about how weird it is; the way we put them on. We squeeze our heads into a tiny hole and then proceed to sneak our hands out from the OTHER two tiny holes by the side. It's good that God created us all flexible to an extent. Else we'd all have to live with button-down shirts for the rest of our lives and...ya I don't want to have to imagine anymore.

When I was younger, I used to think that God created people through a very high-tech, sophisticated computer program. I got this idea from watching the movie, Clueless. This grossly rich high school girl had a program that helped her plan her outfit for the day. All she had to do was drag the pictures of her clothes to the pre-generated, lingerie-prepped, full body photo of herself, and voila! At 10, I found that very amazing. So I thought, "Eh, maybe that's what God does too!" He picks noses, eyes, lips, etc from his Body Parts Archive (BPA) and puts them all together. He pre-determines our personalities too. Maybe He's got different bars representing different traits. (eg: kind, caring, smart) and he drags the tab up or down so you'd get 50% kind, 60% caring and 20% smart! (how unfortunate) Hence, no two people are alike :)

But of course now I know that's not how it works. God doesn't need a program to help Him. He took just 6 days to create the heavens and the earth, as if He'd need technology to assist Him in making us simple minded human beings.

But then again, who would know even if God DID use Agape Photoshop Version G.0.D???

No comments:

Post a Comment